Follow me on Bloglovin'...pretty please?

Follow Dawn of Style

Saturday, February 26, 2011

Frida Kahlo....a Fashion Inspiration

Late last night I was doing the usual....scouring through tons of blogs and websites to find some new inspiration.  And then I found this...I found something that really got my inspiration gears working!  After looking at this editorial in Marie Claire Italia, I've thought of so many outfits inspired by it.  Here is the meaningful editorial........
As you can see the images are inspired by the icon, Frida Kahlo
lover Emily Senko by Wendy Bevan for <em>Marie Claire Italia</em> March 2011
I am now officially on the Goodwill hunt for a dress like this!  I probably need to go search a Beverly Hills Goodwill or one in Bel-Air for a dress as gorgeous as this though!




The quality of the shots may seem different, but in my opinion, what the photographer, Wendy Bevan was trying to do was to make the shots look like paintings that Frida might have created.  






The editorial is very on-trend with the vibrant colors that are dominating the runways this season.



Emily Senko was THE perfect choice for this photo shoot....she does an amazing job!


This one is so INTENSE!




I want my hair like hers!


I love this....to me its like a mix of Mexican roots, and the movie Lolita (must be the milkmaid braids).  To me this goes beyond fashion, and on to art.  Frida Kahlo, not only the most famous female artist of Mexico, but a fashion icon now as well!

Images Via Fashion Gone Rogue

7 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. great post!
    love the pictures
    cool blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely amazing photoshoot. I'm lost for words, it's simply stunning!

    http://luxecouture05.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah that's the same thing I thought, so I just had to share it

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is breathtaking! Im a huge Frida fan. I cannot stop looking at these photos, soooo amazing!!! GREAT post!!!

    xo
    Sada
    Dressology HQ

    ReplyDelete

Leave me your comments please, I appreciate it more than you can imagine! I love to hear what you all have to say, and I'll do my best to respond to each and every one of you! Don't forget to follow me if you really, truly like Dawn of Style <3